Real Estate Sellers: How it works to work with us.
Here’s a quick rundown on working with WaLaw Realty to sell your home.
- Check us out. Peruse our website to learn more about us and our flat fee service.
- Call us. Give us a shout to ask questions and to see if we’re a good fit (our “free consultation”).
- Retain Us. If we are a good fit, we’ll send you our paperwork to review. If it looks good, you’ll sign and return it to formally engage us as your broker and attorney.
- Site Visit. The first thing we do once we’ve been engaged is meet you at the property to discuss the selling process in more detail and give you advice on preparing the house for market.
- Price the House. After that initial site visit we will prepare a comparative market analysis to assist you in setting your list price.
- Photos. When the house is ready, we’ll send a photographer to take high definition photos.
- Disclosures (a.k.a. CYA). In our attorney role we will advise you on how to best fulfill your seller disclosure obligations and protect against future claims.
- List on MLS. We are a member of and will publish your listing in the Northwest MLS which sends it to all the brokerage websites like Windermere.com, JohnLScott.com and Redfin. We also send it to consumer websites like Zillow and Trulia so your listing appears everywhere buyers are looking. You will need to offer a commission to incentivize buyers’ agents to show the home. Typically it’s 2.5% or 3% of the sales price but the final amount is up to you.
- Signage. We will have a professionally designed “for sale” sign installed on a 4″x4″ white post and the flyer box will be filled with full color flyers.
- Open House. We will host a public open house that first weekend or a broker’s open during the week — your choice — and we’ll host more at our hourly rate.
- Showing. We will provide an MLS keybox so that brokers and their buyers can access the property for showings. If a buyer without a broker wants a tour, we’ll handle it as an additional service at our hourly broker rate of $75/hr or, if you prefer, you can do it and save a few bucks (they typically take 1 hour).
- Inquiries and offer. We will field calls from agents, review all offers, and make sure the contract protects your interests.
- Contingencies. Once we’re under contract, we monitor the buyer’s contingencies and make sure deadlines are met.
- Sell and Save! When your home closes our low flat fee will be paid through escrow and you will have saved a bundle on commissions!